Pain in the spine, which radiates to the back of the head, ribs or legs is caused by a pinched nerve root of the vertebral disc.
In medicine, such a manifestation has the official name - osteonecrosis, which is divided into departments according to location, which in turn lead to separate symptoms and treatment.
Today, many non-traditional remedies are used to treat degenerative - degenerative processes of the spine, which have been known for many decades. In those days, medicine was not fully developed, and for some, it was completely inaccessible.
Curing warts with folk remedies passed down by grandparents, so it can be said that folk recipes have passed the test of time, curing many people's diseases.
Concepts and features
Osteochondrosis is degenerative damage of articular cartilage and adjacent bone tissues.
In medicine, the term refers to the characteristic deterioration and dystrophic change of the intervertebral discs.
Depending on the treatment of the disease, a person may experience pain from nerve root compression, and protrusion of the nucleus pulposus with rupture of the annulus, known as a herniated disc.
The presented disease is somewhat "rejuvenating". If 10 - 20 years ago, most of the patients were elderly or citizens over 50 years old, and the cause of osteonecrosis was because the discs were worn down with age and lost their elasticity before, thenToday the disease is diagnosed in young people due to sedentary lifestyle.
Osteochondrosis can rightly be called the scourge of our time, since office work and long hours of computer use lead to a state where the entire musculoskeletal system is "stagnation".
If you do not pay attention to the back pain, which often occurs in the morning, you are at risk of leading to unpleasant phenomena such as diseases of the spine, the entire musculoskeletal system and the nervous system. Running cases lead to quadriplegia and partial or complete immobilization of the person.
Types of diseases depend on the locality
The human spine consists of vertebrae, each of which belongs to a specific division. Here is the distinction:
- cervical region - 7 vertebrae;
- thoracic region - 12 vertebrae;
- lumbar - 5 vertebrae;
- sacrum - 5 vertebrae;
- coccyx - 3-5 vertebrae.
In turn, osteonecrosis can be classified according to the locality of its occurrence, where it is distinguished:
- Cervical division - an attack of the presence of dystrophic changes begins after a long static position. The pain gets worse every time you move your head or sneeze. Manifestations include pain in the back of the head and shoulders, migraines, increased blood pressure, and dizziness.
- Thoracic region - failures in this area are rare, since the thoracic vertebrae practically do not withstand pressure. Pain is often considered a disease of the heart and other internal organs. Abdominal pain in the ribs and abdomen is characteristic, which subsides with change of position.
- Lumbar region - pain that leads to immobility characteristic of a person, which is explained by osteonecrosis in the lumbar region. Untimely treatment leads to numbness and paralysis of the legs, dysfunction of the genitourinary system, and urinary incontinence are often diagnosed.
Exacerbation of osteonecrosis in any part can be caused by physical activity, infection, and hypothermia. Recovery can take anywhere from a few weeks to a year.
Traditional medicine methods to treat diseases
Treatment of cervical spondylosis with folk remedies at home plays an important role.
So, for example, pain that may come on suddenly will be completely eliminated by various effective traditional medicine methods.
It should also be noted that osteonecrosis is an inflammatory process of the nerve roots of the spinal cord and the muscles located near the affected area.
Compression leads to impaired blood circulation, which means that the body is deprived of nutrients. The main task of any method from traditional medicine is to relieve pain and inflammation, thereby restoring blood circulation.
In addition to the task described in the treatment of traditional medicine, the following positive aspects can be distinguished:
- The composition of any product contains only natural ingredients that will not lead to side effects.
- Some medicinal herbs have more beneficial effects than drugs with high chemical content.
- Traditional medicine is available to any population due to cheap medicine.
If talking about the negative aspects of traditional medicine, it is necessary to note the retardation of the patients themselves, who begin to self-medicate without undergoing a complete and thorough diagnosis to determine the cause. back pain cause.
As a precaution, you should consult your doctor about using your chosen method of treatment.
Treatment of cervical spine
Experts recommend that office workers and drivers regularly exercise to improve blood circulation and prevent bone necrosis.
Here, the movements of turning the head to the sides, tilting the head forward and backward are not sustainable are appropriate. All movements are performed smoothly.
To increase efficiency, put a load on the muscles in the neck: tilt your head to the side, and use your hands to create obstacles for movement.
It is strictly forbidden to roll and tilt the head back after cervical osteotomy. This can lead to injury and cervical disc prolapse.
With cervical spondylosis, in addition to exercises, you should apply at night, which will help completely eliminate pain and inflammation.
You can find recipes here:
- A compress of potatoes and honey. To prepare a medicinal preparation, boil potatoes in their uniform. The tapioca is hot kneaded and slightly melted honey is added in a 1: 1 ratio. The ingredients are thoroughly mixed and a cake is created from it. It is applied to the painful area, covered with polyethylene and wrapped in a woolen towel at night.
- Compressed horseradish leaves. Soak a sheet of horseradish with boiling water and apply it to the injured cervical vertebrae. Cover the sheet with polyethylene and a wool scarf. Leave overnight. This method cannot be used if the skin feels burning.
- To eliminate the inflammatory process, use herbal tinctures. Hops, chamomile flowers and dried and pre-ground marjoram leaves are mixed in equal amounts. One tablespoon of the collection is poured into a glass of boiling water, poured into a dark vessel and left for three days. After the time has passed, the infusion is taken in a tablespoon twice a day.
All these methods are also suitable for the treatment of osteonecrosis of other organs. Any method should only be used after consulting your doctor.
Home treatment for lumbar spondylosis should be done right after waking up.
Lying in bed, you need to do some exercises. Immediately after waking up, you should lie on your back, stretch your legs, put on socks.
Hold in this position for one minute. Here are some exercises you can do:
- Bend the front leg at the knee and pull it toward the chest. Do a few repetitions with one leg, then change and repeat the exercise.
- Raise your legs at a right angle several times. Switch legs and do the same number of repetitions.
- Bend both legs at the knees and raise the pelvis for a few seconds.
At night, to treat lumbar osteonecrosis at home, you can use compression bandages or ointments. To prepare a compress, take 700 grams of butter and two glasses of birch buds.
Mix the ingredients and apply overnight. Tie with cling film and a wool scarf. Leave overnight.
To prepare the ointment, garlic, which is rolled through a meat grinder, is mixed in the amount of 1 tablespoon with two tablespoons of lard. Ointment is rubbed into the lower back.
To treat osteoporosis of the lumbar spine, a decoction of reishi is used. A spoonful of crushed reishi leaves is poured with a cup of boiling water and the composition is brought to a boil in an enameled saucepan over low heat.
After boiling for 15 minutes, the broth is filtered and used for drinking. Strain the broth two tablespoons three times a day.
If the chest area is affected
Treatment of thoracic osteonecrosis is based on exercises, therapeutic baths and the use of homemade ointments. You can use the following methods:
- For a therapeutic bath, add 400 grams of celandine or dandelion flowers to 5 quarts of boiling water. Cover the container with a blanket for two hours. Flush the preparation into the prepared bath with a temperature of 38-39 degrees Celsius. One bath takes only 15 minutes. The course of treatment lasts 15-20 days.
- To prepare the ointment, the leaves and crushed avocado are mixed in equal amounts. The composition is kept in a warm oven for two hours. The filtered and cooled preparation is rubbed into the affected area overnight.
- For rubbing, you can prepare a composition of 100 grams of crushed clove petals and 200 grams of olive oil. The ingredients are kept for half an hour in the water bath. The filtered and cooled mixture is applied to the thoracic spine and massaged thoroughly.
As gymnastics, you can use exercises with back bends. For side movements, you should sit in a chair and place your palms behind your head, bending backwards as you exhale. Do a few repetitions.
The same exercise is performed on all fours. As you exhale, bend your back backwards and stay in this position for a few seconds.
The fight against osteonecrosis can continue for a long time, and the patient is required not only to comply with all the doctor's prescriptions, but also to rule out all factors that cause the exacerbation.
The disease can not only be treated with drugs but also can use folk remedies. For this, the most effective methods and recipes are selected that are safe and do not cause allergic reactions.
With timely treatment, the consequences and complications of osteonecrosis are not so terrible for a person. But before using any method, you should undergo a complete and thorough diagnosis, as well as consult a doctor.